Marshalsea Barracks Dublin, 1775, demolished 1975, Bridgefoot and Bonham Street.

The Marshalsea, Dublin. The Marshalsea was a debtors prison allowing debtors along with their families to take refuge from their creditors

Grafton Street in all its glory

Grafton Street in all its glory by National Library of Ireland on The Commons, Dublin circa

Slum Clearance, Dominic Street, Dublin. 17/11/1958.

Galway's J Waldron gets in a clearance despite the efforts of Anton O'Toole to block down the kick during the All Ireland Senior Gaelic Football Championship Final Dublin V Galway at Croke Park on the September Dublin Galway

Demolition of 2 and 3 Kildare Place, 1957. Designed by Richard Castle and executed by James Ensor.

Demolition of 2 and 3 Kildare Place, Designed by Richard Castle and executed by James Ensor.

Bottom of Winetavern St before widening and demolition.

Bottom of Winetavern St before widening and demolition.

Henry Street, Dublin, Ireland.

Henry Street, Dublin, Ireland.

Christchurch Cathedral, Dublin, prior to restoration in the 1870s.

Christchurch Cathedral, Dublin, prior to restoration in the

The Scotch House, Burgh Quay.

A few months ago we were on a pub walking tour with Kevin Martin, the author of 'Have ye no homes to go to? A history of the Irish pub'. During the tour, in a section about literary connections to Dub

No visit to Dublin Ireland will be complete without at least a glimpse of the Book of Kells, a trulyRead more »

Gorgeous bustling street scene taken at the corner of Earl Street and Sackville Street (now O'Connell Street), that also captures a great array of businesses in turn of the century Dublin.

Christ Church Cathedral as it appeared before Street’s restoration of 1871–8. The long choir (to the right) and the squat crossing tower are strikingly different than they appear today.The 14th century long choir was demolished during restoration works in the 1870s.

Christ Church Cathedral as it appeared before Street’s restoration of The long choir (to the right) and the squat crossing tower are strikingly different than they appear today.The century long choir was demolished during restoration works in the

Christchurch near the completion of its restoration in the 1870s

Christchurch near the completion of its restoration in the

Moira House, Usher's Island, Dublin, 1752, aquired by the Association for the Suppression of Mendicancy in 1826, then demolished, with the site being occupied by the Mendicancy Institution.

Moira House, Usher's Island, Dublin, aquired my the Association for the Suppression of Mendicancy in demolished, with the site being occupied by the Mendicancy Institution

Pinterest
Search