The Capitol Theatre, located just off O'Connell Street, Dublin, began life on 10 August 1920 as the La Scala Theatre and Opera House. Despite its name, the La Scala was a cinema. Paramount Pictures took over the lease on the building and renamed it the Capitol. The last stage show was on 29 October 1953. The Capitol continued as a cinema until 1972.
James Stewart buys a newspaper on O'Connell Street, Dublin. | Irish Photo Archive
It was just another paper sold on O'Connell Street for Joe Treacy until he looked up at the customer: James Stewart. 1st August 1962 01/08/1962