CASTLECOMER HOUSE, Co Kilkenny.The original Castlecomer House, the family seat of the Wandesfordes, was built in 1638. It was burned down during the battle of Castlecomer in 1798. A replacement and larger house was constructed on the site in 1802. Lying largely empty during the 1960s and 70s, most of the building was demolished in 1975. Nothing now remains of the house.