St Audoen’s, Cornmarket | St Catherine and St James with St Audoen
St Audoen's church, Cornmarket, prior to the removal of pinnacles. Purcell's Alley runs down by the front of the church, Bridge Street was realigned in the 1970s and this area is barely recognisable today.
U2 Dublin Concerts
Welcome to the eternal home of the the band U2 - DUBLIN Ireland. Old Dublin Town has put this page together to celebrate the Dublin Concerts 2015 and to help the many fans coming to Dublin for the...
1914 – Phibsborough Picture House, North Circular Rd, Dublin
Architect: A.V. O’Rourke Closed in 1953, to be demolished to allow a new cinema to be constructed on the site. The Phibsborough Picture House had a capacity by that time of over 600 after ini…
What's all this then?
Taken on Parkgate Street in Dublin... Photographer: Almost certainly Robert French of Lawrence Photographic Studios, Dublin Date: 1910-ish?? NLI Ref.: L_ROY_08907
The latest media Tweets from Shane Wilson (@shanew147). Amateur Genealogist, interested in History, Science, Maps, Photography, Astronomy, Archaeology, Tech. & Engineering, Books, Sci_fi, Movies, Formula 1 & more. Dublin, Ireland
Tenement children in Henrietta Street 1913. Henrietta Street was one of Dublin city's earliest Georgian Streets. It dates from the 1720s and was the first project of Dublin’s pre-eminent Georgian developer, Luke Gardiner. It was designed as an enclave of prestigious addresses. Built for one family. In 1913 some houses were to accommodate one hundred people in some of these houses. Out in the back yard was one toilet and a single water tap.