The Camden opened in and its 400 seats were heated by a solid-fuel stove at the back of the auditorium. It closed in 1948 and the site is now occupied by an office block housing the headquarters of Concern.
The Grafton Cinema, Grafton Street, February 1969 The Grafton Cinema opened in It was one of three cinemas that showed Ireland's first all-Irish film 'Oidhche Seanchais' in The Grafton Cinema closed in December
The Star cinema opened on 15 January 1953 with the musical Tea for Two (USA 1950). During a screening of Blackboard Jungle (USA 1950) in the mid-1950s a riot broke out and the cinema was extensively damaged. After the cinema closed in 1971 it was used for concerts. During a Bay City Rollers gig at the venue in April 1975, another riot broke out in which eight gardai and 150 fans were injured. it was later converted into a roller rink and subsequently a bingo hall (which still operates today