The Little Guide of Irish Time

Collection by EBS – Living Space

12 
Pins
 • 
468 
Followers

The Irish have a unique way of looking at time. We asked illustrator Rob Stears to illustrate our 12 favourite Irishisms around time.

EBS – Living Space
Let's hope these guys weren't milked after they finally made it home. Irish Times, Cows, Languages, Big, Idioms, Speech And Language

The Big Survey of Irish Time

Let's hope these guys weren't milked after they finally made it home.

 An old favourite of the forever-late, but what does it mean? Our survey found the average is 43 minutes and 39 seconds. Might be waiting around if your friend just text you that! Irish Times, Text You, Waiting, Big

The Big Survey of Irish Time

'Dead late'. An old favourite of the forever-late, but what does it mean? Our survey found the average is 43 minutes and 39 seconds. Might be waiting around if your friend just text you that!

How long is an 'Irish minute'? Well, it varies depending on the county, though the average is 4 minutes and 59 seconds. That's one long minute! Irish Times, Big

The Big Survey of Irish Time

How long is an 'Irish minute'? Well, it varies depending on the county, though the average is 4 minutes and 59 seconds. That's one long minute!

of us never intend to meet up when we use the dreaded 'meet up soon'. Awkward for the other Irish Times, Awkward, Meet, Comics, Comic Books, Comic Book, Comic, Cartoons, Comic Art

The Big Survey of Irish Time

29% of us never intend to meet up when we use the dreaded 'meet up soon'. Awkward for the other 71%!

The Big Survey of Irish Time Irish Times, No Worries, Age, Blog

The Big Survey of Irish Time

How long is 'ages' ago? Who knows - though 70% of us use this one!

Sure 'donkey's years' could be last Saturday or six months ago. According to our survey, the average is 14 years and 59 minutes. An actual donkey lives 30 - 50 years. Irish Times, Just So You Know, Donkey, Comics, Life, Donkeys, Comic Books, Comic Book, Comic

The Big Survey of Irish Time

Sure 'donkey's years' could be last Saturday or six months ago. What does it actually mean? According to our survey, the average is 14 years and 59 minutes. An actual donkey lives 30 - 50 years. Just so you know.

The Big Survey of Irish Time Irish Times, Blog

The Big Survey of Irish Time

Because we never just want 'a sec', do we?

If aliens came to visit and we had to explain our Irishisms to them, no doubt 'the other day' would baffle them. Irish Times, Aliens, Day

The Big Survey of Irish Time

If aliens came to visit and we had to explain our Irishisms to them, no doubt 'the other day' would baffle them.

Beating A Dead Horse GIFs pictures) ⭐ Pictures for any occasion! Exams Tips, Irish Times, New Wife, Idioms, Meant To Be, Husband, Horses, Pictures, Animals

The Big Survey of Irish Time

Let's hope no one else takes us so literally when we tell them to hold their horses!