A very early shot of O'Connell Street in Dublin taken from O'Connell Bridge, or Sackville Street from Carlisle Bridge as both were known back then. G.P.O. building and Nelson's Pillar in situ, but no O'Connell Monument. c.1860
SANTRY COURT. Where the Santry Demesne public park is situated was once a palatial old house and gardens, built in1703 this was once the largest house in North County Dublin.The house fell into disrepair at the turn of the 20th century the Domville family departed Ireland post-independence in 1921 and the house came into the possession of the state in 1930. In 1947 a fire severely damaged the house which was then left derelict and finally demolished in 1959.