St Audoen's ( 1969) is named after the patron saint of Normandy, St Ouen. It was built in 1190 and stands on the site of a seventh-century church that was dedicated to St Columcille. It is the only remaining medieval parish church in the city. The tower [seen here] was built in 1670 and restored in 1826. The tower holds six bells, three of which are the oldest bells in Ireland.
Strangeways ENTIRE Strangeways ENTIRE Dublin historic Maps (2), medieval survivors | city movers | explosive history. Posted on October 13, 2014 It’s Leonard Strangeway’s 1904 The Walls of Dublin. In other words, depicting the medieval city and walls, but made much later. Here it is. It’s worth pointing out that unlike most other maps, Strangeways’ map is “the other way round” so just bear in mind here that South is “up” and North is “down”.
Old photo of St. Audoen's/Cornmarket Dublin. Cornmarket previously called Newgate Street & BlackDog after the prison there. The Liberties Dublin