Dublin

Collection by Gerard Claffey • Last updated 8 days ago

288 
Pins
Gerard Claffey

1913 – Princess Cinema, Rathmines, Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor Suburban cinema with its main entrance fronted by a cast iron and glass porch flanked by two commercial units. Estimated cost: £3,000. The auditorium originally …

1701 – Statue of William of Orange, College Green, Dublin

Of all the military and royal statuary in Dublin, that of William III drew most aggression, serving as it did as a focal point for annual Orange celebrations on July 1, the anniversary of the Battl…

Dublin's Floozy in the Jacuzzi returns to the city

At a time when many are leaving Dublin to find work and a new life elsewhere, one famous resident has returned to the city after a 10-year absence.

Knockmaroon Hill and the ‘open’ and ‘covered’ footbridges linking the two buildings known collectively as ‘Glenmaroon’ – Local History Castleknock – History of Castleknock

Knockmaroon Hill and the ‘open’ and ‘covered’ footbridges linking the two buildings known collectively as ‘Glenmaroon’ – Local History Castleknock

South House (formerly Knockmaroon House) – Photo credit: An Taisce Historic mapping from the 1700s show structures on both sides of the road at Knockmaroon Hill. The present day Glenmaroon Ho…

Knockmaroon Hill and the ‘open’ and ‘covered’ footbridges linking the two buildings known collectively as ‘Glenmaroon’ – Local History Castleknock – History of Castleknock

Knockmaroon Hill and the ‘open’ and ‘covered’ footbridges linking the two buildings known collectively as ‘Glenmaroon’ – Local History Castleknock

South House (formerly Knockmaroon House) – Photo credit: An Taisce Historic mapping from the 1700s show structures on both sides of the road at Knockmaroon Hill. The present day Glenmaroon Ho…

Knockmaroon Hill and the ‘open’ and ‘covered’ footbridges linking the two buildings known collectively as ‘Glenmaroon’ – Local History Castleknock – History of Castleknock

Knockmaroon Hill and the ‘open’ and ‘covered’ footbridges linking the two buildings known collectively as ‘Glenmaroon’ – Local History Castleknock

South House (formerly Knockmaroon House) – Photo credit: An Taisce Historic mapping from the 1700s show structures on both sides of the road at Knockmaroon Hill. The present day Glenmaroon Ho…

1860 – Original Entrance, Glasnevin Cemetery, Dublin – Archiseek – Irish Architecture

1860 – Original Entrance, Glasnevin Cemetery, Dublin

Architect: Patrick Byrne The original entrance to Prospect Cemetery, popularly known as Glasnevin, had two entrance lodges. Only one of these now exists, but their main facade was interior to the g…

1860 – Original Entrance, Glasnevin Cemetery, Dublin – Archiseek – Irish Architecture

1860 – Original Entrance, Glasnevin Cemetery, Dublin

Architect: Patrick Byrne The original entrance to Prospect Cemetery, popularly known as Glasnevin, had two entrance lodges. Only one of these now exists, but their main facade was interior to the g…

Knockmaroon Hill and the ‘open’ and ‘covered’ footbridges linking the two buildings known collectively as ‘Glenmaroon’ – Local History Castleknock – History of Castleknock

Knockmaroon Hill and the ‘open’ and ‘covered’ footbridges linking the two buildings known collectively as ‘Glenmaroon’ – Local History Castleknock

South House (formerly Knockmaroon House) – Photo credit: An Taisce Historic mapping from the 1700s show structures on both sides of the road at Knockmaroon Hill. The present day Glenmaroon Ho…

Knockmaroon Hill and the ‘open’ and ‘covered’ footbridges linking the two buildings known collectively as ‘Glenmaroon’ – Local History Castleknock – History of Castleknock

Knockmaroon Hill and the ‘open’ and ‘covered’ footbridges linking the two buildings known collectively as ‘Glenmaroon’ – Local History Castleknock

South House (formerly Knockmaroon House) – Photo credit: An Taisce Historic mapping from the 1700s show structures on both sides of the road at Knockmaroon Hill. The present day Glenmaroon Ho…

Knockmaroon Hill and the ‘open’ and ‘covered’ footbridges linking the two buildings known collectively as ‘Glenmaroon’ – Local History Castleknock – History of Castleknock

History of Castleknock

Knockmaroon Hill and the ‘open’ and ‘covered’ footbridges linking the two buildings known collectively as ‘Glenmaroon’ – Local History Castleknock – History of Castleknock

118 (1)

118 (1)

Visit the post for more.

Knockmaroon Hill and the ‘open’ and ‘covered’ footbridges linking the two buildings known collectively as ‘Glenmaroon’ – Local History Castleknock – History of Castleknock

Knockmaroon Hill and the ‘open’ and ‘covered’ footbridges linking the two buildings known collectively as ‘Glenmaroon’ – Local History Castleknock

South House (formerly Knockmaroon House) – Photo credit: An Taisce Historic mapping from the 1700s show structures on both sides of the road at Knockmaroon Hill. The present day Glenmaroon Ho…