1707 – St. Nicholas Within, Nicholas St., Dublin
The original church was built in the 11th century by Bishop Donat and was dedicated to St. Nicholas of Myra, the patron saint of sailors. It received its name during the early 14th century, when th…
Bishop Street, D8 .jpg - Click to see more photos
Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.
Photo taken from Christchurch Place, looking south onto Nicholas Street (1900) Note the entrance of 'St Nicholas Within' church (11th century) down Nicholas Street on left. 'Within' because it was within the walls of the city unlike the other St. Nicholas. (St. Nicholas Without, Francis Street)