The Carlton, O'Connell Street. The cinema opened on 16 April 1938 with the first film, The Awful Truth. It was built on the site of the first Carlton Cinema (1915–1936). There was seating for 1,500 in the stalls and 500 in the circle. In 1956, the cinema held the European premiere of Rock Around the Clock and it played to packed houses for three weeks. Currently vacant.
The Monto, Dublin - Monto was the nickname for the one-time red light district in Dublin, the capital of Ireland. The name is derived from Montgomery Street, now called Foley Street. In the Monto's heyday, from the 1860s - 1920s, there were anything up to 1,600 prostitutes working there at any one time, with all classes of customers catered for.