The good old days

Collection by Paul Hendrick

33 
Pins
 • 
22 
Followers
Paul Hendrick
Old Dublin Cinemas – Local History Castleknock – History of Castleknock Dublin Street, Dublin City, Castles In Ireland, Ireland Homes, Old Pictures, Old Photos, City Roller, Images Of Ireland, Irish Traditions

The Capitol Theatre, Princes Street, Dublin

An Article from arthurlloyd.co.uk. The Music Hall and Theatre History Website dedicated to Arthur Lloyd 1839 - 1904

Rice's Bar south King Street Dublin Demolished to make way for the Stephens Green Shopping centre. We'd often pop in here for a drink. Dublin Street, Dublin City, Old Pictures, Old Photos, Images Of Ireland, Irish Celtic, History Photos, Dublin Ireland, The Good Old Days

Rice's Bar south King Street Dublin 1984. Demolished to make way for the Stephens Green Shopping centre.

Opened in 1953 as the Kenilworth with a huge auditorium, the cinema was subdivided into two screens in the and reopened as the Classic. In latter years it was best known for its late-night screening of the Rocky Horror Picture Show. The Classic closed in Old Images, Old Pictures, Old Photos, Vintage Photos, The Good Old Days, The Good Place, Best Memories, Childhood Memories, Ireland Pictures

Dublin used to have 56 different cinemas. Here are some of the lost ones.

Practically every little suburb had its own cinema. Is yours still there?

Talbot Street late 1970s. ? Dublin Street, Dublin Airport, Dublin City, Dublin Travel, Ireland Travel, Old Pictures, Old Photos, Images Of Ireland, Buses And Trains

Local History (@FMLocalHistory) on Twitter

The latest Tweets from Local History (@FMLocalHistory). Local History - Fairview, Marino and Adjoining Areas. Find on Facebook

 Architect: Frederick James Macaulay Opened in November 1936 and closed in A large auditorium designed to seat meant that it was usable as a car Ireland Pictures, Old Pictures, Old Photos, Vintage Photos, Auditorium Design, Art Deco Buildings, Dublin City, Dublin Ireland, Architecture

1936 – Rialto Cinema, South Circular Road, Dublin

Architect: Frederick James Macaulay Opened in November 1936 and closed in 1970. A large auditorium designed to seat 1600, meant that it was usable as a car showroom, a function it carried out for a…

a dub geography wellington quay Cork Ireland, Ireland Travel, Old Pictures, Old Photos, Old Irish, Dublin City, Irish Eyes, Busses, England Uk

May Contain Vintage Dublin Bus Porn

And a bit of Córas Iompair shunting action while you’re at it. (heavy bass). Oh, yesss. Pant. Etc. Dublin in the 1970s in color. From top: Main Street, Ranelagh; Stephen’s Green; Sherri…