Walking in the huge river valley park system. Sometimes it feels like the countryside.
St Marys, Ontario Opera House was constructed 1879-1880 for the St Marys Lodge of the Independent Order of Oddfellows. Originally the block housed three stores, a concert hall built for an audience of a thousand and the Oddfellows temple. In the hall many travelling troupes performed and local cultural and political events were held. The entire block was converted to a flour mill in 1919, and as such functioned for fifty years. In 1987 it was and now contains stores and apartments.