probably wasn't the best piece of furniture to renovate as its just chipboard, but it was a $5 piece I got from the recycle shop, painted it and decoupaged the drawer fronts with wallpaper strips, still pleased with the overall end product.
This is a painting I did for my daughters room, on a canvas I got from the recycling shop, I painted over the existing picture and used leaves from the garden, painted on the backs of then and then pressed them to the canvas.
made from a collection of recycled frames that I had and no longer used. The backgrounds are from wallpaper samples and the birds from scraps of fabric. I plan to glue the frames together and put on a backing board and then hang. It was gonna be for our bedroom but now I am thinking maybe the lounge.
a cabinet that a local joiner put together for us by putting legs and a top and capping the sides. This was originally two kitchen cabinets that we got for free off a friend who was changing their kitchen.
old picture, I painted over including the frame and then added a design of cut outs from old greeting cards and then sealed with a clear coat. idea inspired by pinterest. now hanging in the kitchen, my husband decided that was the best place for it.
pin board I made for my daughters room, used an old from from recycling shop. Made the pin board part out of thick layers of cardboard and then covered in some hessian stuff and secured at the back. Pretty basic but works well.
a photo board made from a canvas from the recycling shop. The backing is an old tee shirt which I stapled gunned on and then added black elastic stretched tightly criss crossed and then sewed on buttons to hold the elastic in place.
Bought this tray from the salvation army op shop, painted it and distressed it and then decoupaged the inner base with some craft paper I had in my crafting collection. pretty pleased with it, the only thing is the slight bubbling when I decoupaged it, it may settle as it dries.
This was a $2 pinboard that I have painted for my office. The floral backing is an old pillowcase I got from an op shop and I have made button drawing pins by hot glueing buttons to the pins. added a bit of braid across the middle to hide the join and some buttons at the corners.